- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lentil Porridge Recipe
|Lentils||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 , grated|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, diced|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
Calories 322 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.6%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 117.8 mg4.9%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.4%
Dietary Fiber 17.1 g68.3%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 15 g29.3%
Vitamin A 51.4% Vitamin C 33.4%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 25.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large pot,cover lentils with 4 cups of water.
2) Allow to boil and cook for an hour.
3) Now add potatoes and carrots.
4) Cook further for 20 minutes or until vegetables are just cooked through.
5) Blend the oil and the flour over moderate heat.
6) Cook, mixing until a smooth mixture forms.
7) Ladle this onto the lentils, mix well, and allow to boil.
8) Add required seasoning to taste.
9) To further enhance the flavouring,imitation bacon bits or cubes of lean Canadian bacon may be used.
10) Serve hot.