- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lentil Chunks Curry Recipe Video
|Home made lentil chunks/Soy chunks||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato puree||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Small potato chunks||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cilantro||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Paprika green chili paste||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (use as per taste)|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 313 Calories from Fat 21
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.7%
Saturated Fat 0.98 g4.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1112.3 mg46.3%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.9%
Sugars 16.4 g
Protein 25 g50%
Vitamin A 20.5% Vitamin C 40.3%
Calcium 6% Iron 19.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a nonstick pan on medium heat, heat oil and add cumin seeds, turmeric powder and onion and cook until onions are almost done.
2. Then add lentil chunks and saute well.
3. Mix ginger garlic paste and salt and cook adding water as needed with cover until potatoes are tender.
4. Add little water to bring in slightly liquid consistency.
5. Mix in the tomato puree, paprika and garam masala and cook with cover until the vegetables are soft.
6. Mix brown sugar and sprinkle coriander leaves.
7. Serve with whole wheat parathas or rotis.