- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lentil Burgers Recipe
|Cooked lentils||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As Needed)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Rolling)|
Calories 131 Calories from Fat 59
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.3%
Saturated Fat 0.9 g4.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 288.6 mg12%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.3%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 4 g8.7%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 0.41%
Calcium 2% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the lentils, flour, oil, tamari, spices, ½ cup wheat germ and salt.
4. Using a wooden spoon or your hands, mix the ingredients to bind them together to resemble burger mixture.
5. Divide the mixture into 4 for 6 equal portions and using oil greased hands, shape into patties of ½ inch thickness.
6. If the mixture it very sticky, add breadcrumbs.
7. In a plate combine the breadcrumbs and wheat germ.
8. Crumb the patties by rolling them on both sides in the wheat germ
9. Arrange the coated burgers on the baking sheet.
10. Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake the burgers for 20-30 minutes, turning them once so that they are nicely browned and crisp on both sides.
11. You can serve the burgers between bun breads with sauces of your choice.
12. You can also serve them along with a fresh salad if you please.
13. Store them in an airtight food container in the refrigerator and reheat in the oven before serving.