- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick Dinner Meals - Lentil Broccoli Patties Recipe Video
|Cooked lentils||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Steamed broccoli||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs/Flax eggs||2 (or vegan egg substitute)|
|Minced ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 201 Calories from Fat 133
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.8%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg
Sodium 392.9 mg16.4%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 8 g15.5%
Vitamin A 36.2% Vitamin C 75.6%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 14.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a mixer-grinder, add cooked lentils and steamed broccoli florets. Grind them to form a paste.
2. In a large bowl, transfer the lentil-broccoli paste and add in ginger, spices and the two eggs. Combine well.
3. Heat a non-stick skillet to medium heat and pour in oil.
4. With a tablespoon, spread the lentil batter onto the hot skillet in a patty-size. Fry the patties on both sides for 5-10 minutes, until brown and crispy.
5. Serve hot on a bed of baby spinach with lemon or lime wedges, some unsweetened apple sauce and plain fat-free yogurt on side.
This video is a creation of Calm Mind Busy Body. You can visit Calm Mind Busy Body for complete recipes, and more videos.