- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lentil And Vegetable Soup Recipe
|Dry lentils||2 Cup (32 tbs), soaked overnight in water, drained|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Bacon slices||2 , diced|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled, chopped|
|Carrot||1 , peeled, sliced thin|
|Celery stalks||2 , sliced (With Tops)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled (1 Can)|
|Oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound (1 Can)|
Calories 276 Calories from Fat 11
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2%
Saturated Fat 0.26 g1.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.57 mg
Sodium 781.4 mg32.6%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.4%
Dietary Fiber 22.2 g89%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 19 g37.1%
Vitamin A 46.8% Vitamin C 23%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 34.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a slow-cooking pot or crock pot, combine all the ingredients.
2. Give a good stir to mix well.
3. Cover pot with its lid
4. Allow the beans and vegetables to cook on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours or if you have ample time and are in not hurry, cook on low for 8 to 10 hours
5. Ladle the lentils and vegetables into warmed soup bowls or soup plates.
6. Serve the soup hot with crusty bread or rice if you like.