- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lentil And Nut Loaf Recipe
|Lentils||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Onions||6 Ounce, chopped (175 Gram)|
|Dried mixed herbs||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milled nuts||6 Ounce (175 Gram, Any Mixed Nuts)|
|Eggs||2 , well beaten|
|For the sauce|
|Margarine||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Onions||6 Ounce, finely chopped (175 Gram)|
|Fresh bay leaves||4|
|Flour||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Pint (450 Milliliter)|
|Watercress||1 (For Garnish)|
Calories 429 Calories from Fat 244
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g27.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 76.5 mg
Sodium 247.8 mg10.3%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.1%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 17 g34.6%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 9.2%
Calcium 15% Iron 14.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Bring to the boil and stir in the Marmite; simmer for 7-10 minutes until soft, strain and keep on one side.
3. Melt the margarine, add onions and herbs, cover and cook gently for 10 minutes.
4. Stir in the flour and remaining ingredients and mix well.
5. Lightly grease and line a 450 g/1 lb loaf tin, place the mixture in the tin and level the surface.
6. Bake on the upper shelf of a preheated moderate oven (180°C, 350°F) for 40 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, make the sauce. Melt the margarine, add the onions and bay leaves, cover and cook until soft without browning, about 10 minutes.
8. Remove the bay leaves, stir in the flour and cook for 2-3 minutes.
9. Gradually stir in the milk, bring to the boil, simmer for 3 minutes and season.
10. Turn the loaf out of the tin and pour the sauce over. Garnish with watercress. Serve with Brussels sprouts, baked tomatoes and either French bread or chips or roast potatoes.