- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lengua in Mushroom Sauce Recipe Video
|Ox tongue||2 Pound, cleaned, boiled until tender, skinned, and sliced|
|White mushrooms||12 , sliced|
|Condensed cream of mushroom soup||10 Ounce|
|Onion||1 Medium, diced|
|Garlic cloves||3 , minced|
Calories 681 Calories from Fat 411
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.6%
Saturated Fat 21 g104.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.3 mg
Sodium 762.4 mg31.8%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.7%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 54 g108%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C 9.6%
Calcium 3% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a cooking pot, melt butter. Place the ox tongue, pan fry on medium heat for about 4 minutes per side. Remove the cooked tongue and keep aside.
2. In the pot, sauté garlic and onion.
3. Add mushrooms and saute for 2 minutes.
4. Add salt, ground black pepper, cream of mushroom soup, and water. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the fried ox tongue and stir. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes over low to medium heat, after water if required..
6. Serve with mashed potato or rice.