- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemony Spring Peas & Pasta Salad Recipe Video
|Penne pasta||13 1⁄4 Ounce (1 box Dreamfields Penne Rigate)|
|Sugar snap peas||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Green peas||2 Cup (32 tbs) (fresh or frozen)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (fresh)|
|Lemon zest||2 Teaspoon, grated (fresh, additional for garnish)|
|Regular salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Baby green||4 Cup (64 tbs), chop (arugula, spinach or a blend)|
|Fresh herbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chop (Optional)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon, shave (Optional) (Optional)|
Calories 267 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.1%
Saturated Fat 0.87 g4.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.3 mg
Sodium 167.7 mg7%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.8%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 10 g19.7%
Vitamin A 40.4% Vitamin C 84%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 14.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot cook the pasta in boiling water.
2. Add sugar snap and green peas during last 3 minutes of cooking; drain.
3. Rinse with cold water drain again. Place in large bowl.
4. Meanwhile, combine lemon juice, zest and salt in small bowl. Whisk in olive oil.
5. When cool, toss pasta and peas. Dress with the lemon dressing. Gently toss in greens and herbs.
5. Pile onto salad plates. Garnish with shaved Parmesan and additional zest, if desired.
For herbs, use one or a combination of: chopped mint, thyme, chives, basil, parsley or other favorites.