- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemony Rhubarb Glories Recipe
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , well beaten|
|Lemon peel||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Sweetened rhubarb sauce/Rhubarb - 1 cup, finely diced||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), drained|
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (As Required)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2810 Calories from Fat 990
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 112 g172.5%
Saturated Fat 30.7 g153.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg
Sodium 185.4 mg7.7%
Total Carbohydrates 427 g142.2%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40%
Sugars 286.3 g
Protein 33 g65%
Vitamin A 88.8% Vitamin C 55.8%
Calcium 15.3% Iron 60.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) In a mixing bowl, mix 1 cup flour and 1/4 cup sugar together.
3) Cut in the margarine with a pastry blender and mix well until the mixture is crumbly.
4) In a greased 8-inch square pan, press the mixture and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
5) In a medium bowl, mix 1 cup sugar and 3 tablespoons flour, then beat them into eggs.
6) Add the lemon peel, lemon juice, rhubarb sauce or rhubarb, coconut and vanilla, blend well.
7) Pour the mixture over the hot baked crust and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
8) Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan.
9) Sprinkle with the powdered sugar and slice into small squares for cookies or in larger pieces for dessert.
10) Top the pieces with the whipped cream, if desired and serve immediately.