- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemony Cous Cous Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves||2 , minced|
|Lemon||1 Medium, zested and juiced|
|Chicken stock/Water||14 Ounce|
|Rosemary sprig||1 Medium, leaves removed and chopped|
|Cous cous||2 Cup (32 tbs) (dried)|
|Garlic powder||To Taste|
Calories 955 Calories from Fat 206
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g36%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g48.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.2 mg12.7%
Sodium 504.1 mg21%
Total Carbohydrates 155 g51.7%
Dietary Fiber 10.9 g43.6%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 29 g58.9%
Vitamin A 8.4% Vitamin C 40.2%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, place the cous cous.
2. In a small saucepan over medium high, melt butter and olive oil.
3. Add the garlic, lemon zest, rosemary, and chicken stock, and bring to a boil.
4. In the bowl with cous cous, stream in the boiling stock and lemon juice, and stir to combine.
5. Cover with plastic wrap so no steam can get out and allow to sit for 5-7 minutes.
6. Using a fork fluff up the cous cous and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and stir to mix.
7. Serve as desired.