- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemongrass Cooler Recipe
|Lemongrass||1 Bunch (100 gm), rinsed (and knotted)|
|Palm sugar/Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (to taste)|
|Tea bags||4 Medium|
|Green food coloring||2 Drop (Optional)|
|Fresh mint leaves||6 Medium|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 65 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.08 g0.12%
Saturated Fat 0.02 g0.09%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 12.2 mg0.5%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.14 g0.54%
Sugars 12.4 g
Protein 0.37 g0.73%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 4.2%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 7.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needlarge pot
1. In a large pot combine water, knotted lemon grass, sugar, water, fresh mint leaves and tea.
2. Bring it to a boil and then lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the tea and lemon grass flavor gives strong aroma.
3. After 30 minutes strain the lemon grass drink and discard the leaves and tea.
4. Pour few drops of green food coloring and lemon juice and stir allow the drink to cool at room temperature.
5. Once done transfer in a container and refrigerate to chill.
6. Serve the Lemongrass Cooler with crushed ice.
Adjust the sweetness to taste.
Use tea bags depending on how strong you want the cooler.