- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Jammy Lemonade Scones Recipe Video
|Lemonade||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Self raising flour||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 367 Calories from Fat 14
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.2%
Saturated Fat 0.92 g4.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2 mg
Sodium 713.5 mg29.7%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 33.5 g
Protein 6 g11.9%
Vitamin A 0.9% Vitamin C 14.3%
Calcium 28.6% Iron 14%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add salt and sugar. Mix well.
3. Add flour. Stir until just combined.
4. Turn out onto lightly floured bench, knead until just combined. DO NOT OVER-KNEAD. You will make tough scones.
5. Roll out to about an inch thick. Cut using a round cookie cutter - 6cm diameter or you can cut using a knife.
6. Place on a greased floured tray. We use Silicone mats. Brush with milk.
7. Bake at 180C (350F) for approximately 15 mins until golden and hollow sound when you tap the bottom. I usually break one in half to check.
8. Cool. Break in half and top with jam and whipped cream.
You can make these savoury by leaving out the extra sugar and adding 1 tsp salt. You can add any flavouring at the lemonade and cream stage, like cheese, bacon, herbs, pickles. Recipe also makes great pinwheel scones.