- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Snowballs Recipe
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Sifted flour||3 1⁄4 Cup (52 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3666 Calories from Fat 1342
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 150 g230.4%
Saturated Fat 34.2 g170.9%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 1650.2 mg68.8%
Total Carbohydrates 523 g174.2%
Dietary Fiber 17.3 g69.3%
Sugars 196.7 g
Protein 64 g127.8%
Vitamin A 5.2% Vitamin C 56%
Calcium 20.9% Iron 111.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Combine and cream the shortening and sugar till light and fluffy.
2) Add in the lemon rind and egg and beat well.
3) Stir in the lemon juice and water.
4) Combine and sift the flour, soda, cream of tartar, and salt.
5) Add into the creamed ingredients and blend well.
6) Stir in the nuts.
8) Shape the dough into small balls using floured hands.
9) Arrange about 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
10) Place in the oven at 350° F and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
11) Remove immediately from the baking sheet and coat with confectioners' sugar.
12) Serve as a snack.