- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Jelly Roll Recipe Video
|Angel food cake mix||1 Box|
|Strawberry topping||4 Tablespoon|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, softened|
|Lemon zest||2 Tablespoon|
|Yellow food color||5 Drop|
|Cool whip||1 Box, softened|
|Powdered sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Strawberries||4 Large, thinly sliced|
|Lemon slices||2 Medium, thinly sliced and halved|
|Strawberry syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Whipped cream||4 Tablespoon|
Calories 679 Calories from Fat 301
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.7%
Saturated Fat 22.6 g113.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 83.8 mg
Sodium 642.4 mg26.8%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 62.8 g
Protein 8 g15.4%
Vitamin A 14.6% Vitamin C 53.3%
Calcium 13.5% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Line a shallow baking pan with a parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, prepare the angle cake mix batter as per packet instructions and pour in to the baking pan.
3. Smoothen out the batter. Bake the cake in preheated oven as per the instructions on the box.
4. Remove the cake from the oven and dust with some powdered sugar over the hot cake.
5. Place another sheet of parchment paper over the warm cake and flip it over.
6. Remove the baking pan and peel off the first parchment paper.
7. Dust some more powdered sugar over the other side of cake.
8. Along with the parchment paper roll the cake tightly.
9. Place the rolled cake on the cooling rack and let it cool.
10.Unwrap the parchment paper, and unroll the cooled cake.
11. Spread strawberry topping over the cake leaving little bit space near the edges.
12. To prepare the filling, in a bowl, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon zest and juice and yellow food colouring and whisk well.
13. Add cold whip to cream cheese mixture and fold in.
14. Spread this filling over the strawberry topping layer on the cake.
15. Roll it again, place on a platter and refrigerate it for a couple of hours to set.
16. Drizzle with strawberry syrup over the chilled roll.
17. Garnish the roll with piped out whipped cream, sliced fresh strawberries and lime slices.
18. Slice and serve with additional whipped topping if you like.