- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Wafers Recipe
|Unsalted butter||8 Tablespoon (At Room Temperature, 1 Stick)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Plus More For Sprinkling)|
|Lemon zest||1 , finely grated|
|Lemon juice||4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Egg whites||2 Large, lightly beaten (At Room Temperature)|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2282 Calories from Fat 871
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 99 g152.6%
Saturated Fat 62 g310%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 258 mg
Sodium 608.3 mg25.3%
Total Carbohydrates 335 g111.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.4%
Sugars 202.5 g
Protein 21 g41.3%
Vitamin A 60.2% Vitamin C 36.8%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 34.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Line 2 baking sheets with waxed or parchment paper.
3) In an electric mixer, cream the butter, sugar and salt, until fluffy.
4) Beat in the lemon zest, juice and extract. Gradually beat in the egg whites until blended. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat for a few more seconds.
5) In the bowl, sift the flour and cornstarch and combine with the egg mixture.
6) Spoon the dough into a pastry tube fitted with a 1/2-inch round tip. Pipe dollops of the dough about 1 1/4 inches in diameter, 2 inches apart, on the prepared baking sheets and lightly sprinkle with sugar.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, until the cookies have about a 1/4-inch golden brown ring around the edges. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets.
8) Store in an airtight container and serve when desired.