- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Tea Loaf Recipe
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Double acting baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon peel||2 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Whipped butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Thin lemon slices||6 (For Garnish:)|
Calories 176 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 56.2 mg
Sodium 82.5 mg3.4%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.44 g1.8%
Sugars 13 g
Protein 2 g3.4%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C 8.3%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 2.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350Â° F.
2) Use 9 x 5-inch loaf pan to spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place it aside.
3) In a medium mixing bowl sift together flour and baking powder.
4) Add lemon peel to stir in and place aside.
5) Use another large mixing bowl to combine sugar, butter, eggs, and margarine.
6) Beat the mixture until light and fluffy and double in volume, with the help of an electric mixer at medium speed.
7) Alternately add flour mixture and milk, while beating at low speed until batter is smooth.
8) Use the prepared pan to pour the batter.
9) Place inside oven to bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until nicely browned. Use a cake tester, to insert in center and to come out clean.
10) Let it cool in pan for 5 minutes.
11) Invert the loaf on wire rack and let cool completely.
12) Garnish with lemon slices and cut into 12 equal slices, to serve.