- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Swirl Marble Cake Recipe
|For lemon filling|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 Stick)|
|Grated lemon peel||2 Tablespoon|
|Pound cake mix||32 Ounce (2 Packages, 16 Ounce Each)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated orange peel||1 Tablespoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For lemon glaze|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon peel||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 635 Calories from Fat 116
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.5%
Saturated Fat 7.1 g35.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 165.8 mg55.3%
Sodium 686.9 mg28.6%
Total Carbohydrates 123 g41.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.72 g2.9%
Sugars 84.1 g
Protein 10 g19.4%
Vitamin A 8.1% Vitamin C 35.1%
Calcium 14.1% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 325F.
2) To prepare lemon filling, in the top of double boiler beat egg yolks with a wooden spoon.
3) Add granulated sugar, 1/2 cup lemon juice, butter and 2 tablespoons lemon peel.
4) Cook and stir over simmering water until thick.
5) Take off from hot water.
6) Cover and let it cool completely.
7) To prepare the cake, grease and flour a 9-inch bundt pan generously.
8) Transfer both packages of cake mix into large electric mixer bowl.
9) Stir in milk and combine till the dry ingredients are moistened.
10) Mix orange juice and beat for 4 minutes.
11) Mix orange peel and stir.
12) In a separate large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
13) Gently fold whites into cake batter with wire whisk in an under-and-over motion.
14) Reserve 1 cup batter to be used to bake as cupcakes.
15) Spoon one-fourth remaining batter into pan.
16) Spoon one-third lemon filling at eth center of batter. Repeat the process twice with batter and filling, completing with batter.
17) Using a knife, cut through batter and filling, creating a zigzag around pan without letting the knife touch bottom and side of pan.
18) Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes until surface springs back when gently pressed with fingertip.
19) Keep it over a wire rack for 10 minutes to cool.
20) Turn out of pan and cool completely.
21) To prepare the Lemon Glaze, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, cream and lemon juice.
22) Stir to combine until the mixture is smooth.
23) Frost the cooled cake with it and let run down side.
24)Sprinkle with lemon peel and serve.