- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Surprise Recipe
|Half fat margarine||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Eggs||3 Medium, separated|
|Self raising flour||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Semi skimmed milk||450 Milliliter|
|Lemons||2 , juiced|
|Orange||1 , juiced|
|Icing sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon twists||1 Tablespoon (For Decoration)|
|Sliced strawberries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Serving)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2084 Calories from Fat 737
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82 g126.2%
Saturated Fat 19.6 g98.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 558.3 mg
Sodium 1610.1 mg67.1%
Total Carbohydrates 305 g101.5%
Dietary Fiber 13.9 g55.7%
Sugars 198.1 g
Protein 45 g90%
Vitamin A 20.9% Vitamin C 300.4%
Calcium 51.7% Iron 41.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Beat together the margarine and sugar until pale and fluffy.
3. Add the egg yolks, one at a time, with 1 tablespoon of the flour and beat well after each addition. Once added, stir in the remaining flour.
4. Stir in the milk, 4 tablespoons of the lemon juice and 3 tablespoons of the orange juice.
5. Whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold into the pudding mixture with a metal spoon or rubber spatula until well combined. Pour into the prepared dish.
6. Stand the dish in a roasting tin and pour in just enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the dish.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, until well risen and spongy to the touch.
8. Remove the pudding from the oven and sprinkle with the icing sugar. Decorate with the lemon twists and serve immediately with the strawberries.