- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Supremes Recipe
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2788 Calories from Fat 912
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 104 g159.5%
Saturated Fat 61.3 g306.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 664.9 mg
Sodium 355.4 mg14.8%
Total Carbohydrates 431 g143.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g30.2%
Sugars 232.5 g
Protein 40 g80.1%
Vitamin A 66.1% Vitamin C 33.7%
Calcium 31.3% Iron 78%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, blend together 1 cup of flour and powdered sugar. Mix well.
3) Into a 9-inch square baking pan, press the mixture.
4) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
5) Whisk together hte eggs, lemon juice, rind, baking powder, remaining flour and sugar.
6) Pour the mixture all over the crust.
7) Bake in the oven for another 25 minutes.
8) Let the cake cool in the pan and then cut into swuares. Place in paper holders.
9) Place the Lemon Squares on a serving plate and serve at room temperature and chill for some time and then serve.