- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Streusel Bars Recipe
|Sweetened condensed milk||14 Ounce, evaporated (1 Can, Not Evaporated Milk)|
|Lemon zest||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Streusel||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), softened|
|Packed brown sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Ice cream/Clotted cream||1 Pint (For Serving)|
Calories 1378 Calories from Fat 528
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g91.5%
Saturated Fat 30.2 g151%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 145.4 mg
Sodium 400.4 mg16.7%
Total Carbohydrates 195 g64.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.3%
Sugars 110.3 g
Protein 21 g41%
Vitamin A 26.6% Vitamin C 23.9%
Calcium 37.9% Iron 25.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a 9-inch square baking tin with oil or butter.
3. In a medium bowl, stir condensed milk, lemon zest and juice. Set aside.
4. In another mixing bowl, combine butter and brown sugar, flour and oats.
5. Using a wooden spoon, stir the mixture until it resembles cake crumbs.
6. Reserving 2 cups of this streusel mixture for topping,
7. Turn remaining streusel into the baking tin and press to cover the bottom .
8. Spread filling over crust.
9. Spread reserved streusel over the filling.
10. Place tin on middle level of preheated oven.
11. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until crust is golden.
12. Remove and cool in tin.
13. Generously dust with powdered sugar.
14. Cut into squares
15. Serve with ice-cream or clotted cream you desired.