- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Streusel Bars Recipe
|Sweetened condensed milk||14 Ounce (1 Can, Not Evaporated Milk)|
|Lemon zest||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For crust and streusel|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), softened|
|Packed brown sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Calories 890 Calories from Fat 277
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.5%
Saturated Fat 18.5 g92.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 83 mg
Sodium 101.4 mg4.2%
Total Carbohydrates 140 g46.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.2%
Sugars 83.1 g
Protein 15 g30.1%
Vitamin A 17.7% Vitamin C 22%
Calcium 25.8% Iron 21.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a 9-inch cake pan with butter or oil.
3. To make the filling, in a bowl, stir together condensed milk, lemon zest and juice.
4. Set aside for later use.
5. For the crust, mixt butter and brown sugar in another bowl
6. To this, add flour and oats and stir lightly till mixture resembles crumbs.
7. Reserving 2 cups of this mixture turn the remaining into the greased baking tin.
8. Press the mixture into an even layer to form the crust base.
9. Spoon the prepared filling over the crust
10. Top the filling with the reserved streusel.
11. Place the tin on the middle level of the preheated oven.
12. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown.
13. Remove the tin from the oven and let stand to cool completely
14. Cut into bars or squares
15. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.