- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Sponge Pie Recipe
|Lemon pie filling||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Egg yolks||2 , beaten|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Graham cracker crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
|9 inch unbaked pastry shell||1|
Calories 271 Calories from Fat 123
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.4%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g36.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 56.5 mg
Sodium 235.4 mg9.8%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 18.9 g
Protein 3 g6.6%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 3% Iron 0.64%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together milk, butter, beaten egg yolk and pie filling.
3. In a separate large bowl, beat egg whites.
4. Gradually add sugar and beat until the mixture is stiff.
5. Fold in the pie filling mixture with the egg white mixture.
6. Into the unbaked pastry shell, pour the mixture and cover with crumbs of graham cracker.
7. Place the pie in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
8. Cut and serve Lemon Sponge Pie.