- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Snowballs Recipe
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), sifted|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2803 Calories from Fat 1326
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 148 g227.6%
Saturated Fat 33.9 g169.4%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 1646.5 mg68.6%
Total Carbohydrates 335 g111.5%
Dietary Fiber 12.3 g49%
Sugars 152.7 g
Protein 45 g89.1%
Vitamin A 5.2% Vitamin C 56%
Calcium 18.1% Iron 62.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Blend shortening and sugar to make it light and creamy.
3. Put lemon rind and eggs in the mixture and stir well.
4. Add lemon juice and water to it.
5. Sieve flour, soda, cream of tartar and salt and put it into creamed mixture.
6. Add nuts and refrigerate.
7. Put flour on hands and roll the dough into small balls.
8. Take an ungreased baking sheet, put the balls on it with a spacing of an inch.
9. Bake for 10- 15 minutes.
10. Once baked, roll on confectioner’s sugar.
11. Serve with beverages.