- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Snow Recipe
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 envelopes)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||2 Teaspoon|
|Egg whites||2 , stiffly beaten|
Calories 331 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.04 g0.06%
Saturated Fat 0.01 g0.03%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 167.5 mg7%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26%
Dietary Fiber 0.39 g1.5%
Sugars 75.9 g
Protein 8 g16.3%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 28.8%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 0.74%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, take unflavoured gelatin and add cold water to soften it.
2. Add sugar, salt and hot water to it and stir it until gelatin is dissolved.
3. Add lemon juice and rind and mix it well.
4. Chill the above liquid in the refrigerator so that it becomes thick.
5. Remove from the refrigerator and beat it until it becomes frothy.
6. Add egg whites and continue to beat it so that it blends well.
7. Pour into moulds and refrigerate.
8. When it sets, remove from mould and place it on a serving dish. Serve Lemon Snow with Rich Custard Sauce.