- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Snow Recipe
|Cold water||1⁄2 Pint|
|Powdered gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 177 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.05 g0.08%
Saturated Fat 0 g0.02%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 60.6 mg2.5%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.02 g0.08%
Sugars 38.1 g
Protein 7 g14.4%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 3.8%
Calcium 0.8% Iron 0.45%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, measure the water and add the gelatine.
2) Allow the gelatine to soak for 5 minutes.
3) Thinly pare or grate the lemon rinds.
4) Add the sugar and rind of the lemons to the gelatine.
5) Stir over low heat until the sugar and gelatine have both dissolved, but do not allow to boil.
6) Remove pan from heat and strain into a large mixing basin.
7) Set aside until cold.
8) Add the strained lemon juice and the unbeaten egg whites.
9) Whiskfor 10 minutes until thick and white.
10) The mixture will not thicken until it begins to set.
11) To speed up the process, place the base of the bowl in a larger one containing cold water and some ice cubes.
12) The more the mixture is whisked as it comes up to setting point, the greater the volume in the final dessert.
13) When thick, white and stiff, pour the mixture into a serving dish and chill until set firm.
14) Garnish with extra lemon rinds and serve.