- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Sherbet Recipe
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), evaporated|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon peel||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg whites||2 , stiffly beaten|
Calories 262 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.24 g0.37%
Saturated Fat 0.14 g0.69%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.3 mg
Sodium 152.7 mg6.4%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.25 g1%
Sugars 56.7 g
Protein 9 g17.8%
Vitamin A 0.3% Vitamin C 28%
Calcium 15% Iron 0.69%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In 1/2 cup of skim milk, soften the gelatin.
2) In a pan, heat the evaporated milk with the sugar and salt.
3) Add the softened gelatin and stir until dissolved.
4) Cool thoroughly.
5) Gradually add the lemon peel and juice to the cooled gelatin mixture, stirring constantly.
6) Pour the mix into ice cube trays.
7) Place in the freezer, till it turns mushy.
8) Now, remove from the freezer and fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites.
9) Return to the freezer until firm.
10) Remove and transfer to a chilled bowl. Beat until fluffy.
11) Refreeze and serve chilled.