- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Pickle in Oil Recipe
|Mustard oil||1⁄2 Liter|
|Red chili pepper||4 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||30 Gram|
|Whole red chillies||120 Gram (Use Fresh)|
|Methi seeds||60 Gram|
|Lemon juice||60 Cup (960 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 9071 Calories from Fat 4588
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 520 g799.8%
Saturated Fat 60.7 g303.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 83627.8 mg3484.5%
Total Carbohydrates 1517 g505.7%
Dietary Fiber 136.9 g547.4%
Sugars 369.3 g
Protein 101 g201.3%
Vitamin A 92.3% Vitamin C 12887%
Calcium 204.8% Iron 220.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2) Coat both inside and outside of the lemon pieces with salt and keep till tender.
3) Lightly heat the oil till smoky, remove from the fire, add asafoetida and when it swells up crush it with a spoon.
4) Lightly fry the chilli powder in the oil, stirring it continuously till a red colour appears.
5) Make the mustard seeds a little fried in the oil after removing it from fire.
6) Add all the fried spices, ginger and red chillies to the lemons and cook until a little tender with constant stirring.
7) Now add 1 tablespoon of salt, roasted powdered methi seeds and lime juice to the mixture and cook for 5 minutes.
8) Remove from the fire. Keep the lemon pickle into a clean airtight jar.