- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cooking for the Week - Lemon Pepper Pork Chop and Rice Pilaf with Vegetable Saute - Part 1 Recipe Video
|Olive oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|Rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Zucchini||1 Large, slice|
|Squash||1 Medium, slice|
|Garlic cloves||2 , chop|
|Carrot||1 Small, shredded|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Garlic salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Almonds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), slivered|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5498 Calories from Fat 2580
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 294 g451.9%
Saturated Fat 55.7 g278.6%
Trans Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 501.4 mg167.1%
Sodium 4405.7 mg183.6%
Total Carbohydrates 505 g168.2%
Dietary Fiber 31.8 g127.4%
Sugars 20.4 g
Protein 212 g424.3%
Vitamin A 247.3% Vitamin C 308.4%
Calcium 76.4% Iron 100.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedSalt - 4 tbsp
1. Set oven to broil at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. For the marinade: In a bowl, mix 1/2 cup of olive oil, lemon zest and half a lemon's juice and mix.
3. Season each side of the pork chops with lemon pepper and salt.
4. Place the pork chops in a ziplock bag.
5. Pour the marinade into the ziplock bag, Close it and squish to coat the pork chops. Put this in the refrigerator for marinating for few hours.
6. After a few hours, place the pork chops on a broiling rack and put into oven.
7. Let it cook for 8 minutes on each side.
8. For the Rice Pilaf: In a bowl, add the rice and water and put to boil.
9. Once the rice is ready, save 3/4 of it for the next meal.
10. Add 3 tablespoons olive oil, garlic salt, almonds, 1 teaspoon parslet to the remaining rice and mix.
11. Once it starts boiling, reduce to low and put lid on and cook until all the water is absorbed.
12. For the Vegetable Saute: In a pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and butter.
13. Add the zucchini, garlic and squash to the pan and saute.
14. Add the carrots and let the vegetables get tender not browned.
15. Once tender, add parsley and salt to taste.
16. Plate a pork chop, a portion of rice pilaf and vegetable saute and serve as a complete meal.