- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Pasta With Fresh Clams Recipe
|Hard shell clams||36 , scrubbed and cleaned (Littlenecks / Cherrystones, Small Clams)|
|Dry white wine/Dry vermouth||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped shallots||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped fine|
|Fresh oregano/1/2 teaspoon dried||1 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped fresh parsley||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon pasta||1⁄2 Pound|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped lemon zest||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2373 Calories from Fat 878
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 99 g152.2%
Saturated Fat 29 g145.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 336.7 mg
Sodium 913.2 mg38%
Total Carbohydrates 197 g65.6%
Dietary Fiber 11 g43.8%
Sugars 10.6 g
Protein 134 g268.6%
Vitamin A 83.9% Vitamin C 220.6%
Calcium 75.6% Iron 593%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Let clams cool and remove clams from their shells and set aside.
3. Strain the clam broth through a double piece of cheese cloth and reserve. You will have about 3/4 cup to 1 cup of broth.
4. In a large skillet add the oil and butter and heat for a few seconds. Add the shallots and garlic and saute briefly. Add the reserved wine, clam broth, oregano, red pepper flakes, and parsley. Simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add the clams and cook for 2 minutes. Do not overcook the clams or they will toughen.
6. Cook the pasta until al dente. Add the sauce and clams to the pasta and mix a little. Add the cheese and mix well. Taste and add salt to taste.