- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Mincemeat Recipe
|Sultanas||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Candied peel/Crystallized ginger and pineapple||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Almonds||2 Ounce, blanched (50 Gram)|
|Suet||8 Ounce, shredded (225 Gram)|
|Shredded suet||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Castor sugar||1 1⁄2 Pound (700 Gram)|
|Mixed spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled), ground|
|Ground mixed spice||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Brandy||1⁄4 Pint (1 1/2 Deciliter)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8912 Calories from Fat 3984
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 444 g683.6%
Saturated Fat 226.7 g1133.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 154.2 mg
Sodium 98.6 mg4.1%
Total Carbohydrates 1191 g396.9%
Dietary Fiber 74.3 g297.4%
Sugars 953.3 g
Protein 43 g85.3%
Vitamin A 22.2% Vitamin C 1185.3%
Calcium 108.6% Iron 89.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Halve and squeeze lemons to extract juice.
2) Keep aside.
3) Quarter the lemon peel.
4) Discard excess white pith and flesh.
5) In a small saucepan arrange lemon skins.
6) Cover with cold water and boil.
7) Drain water and cover again with fresh cold water.
8) Follow the process twice again.
9) After draining for final time, pass through fine blade of a mincer.
10) Mince the sultanas, crystallized fruits, and almonds along with.
11) Mix suet, sugar and strained lemon juice. Combine well.
12) Mix the spices and add brandy.
13) Pack into 1 lb (450 g) jam jars, cover and seal.
14) Use mincemeat as required for christmas cakes, puddings, pies, tea time cakes etc.
This dish improves on storage.