- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Very Tasty Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
|Plain flour||6 Ounce|
|Butter||3 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|Corn flour||1 Ounce (1 rounded tablespoon)|
|Sugar||1 Ounce (1 rounded tablespoon)|
|Lemon||1 , grated rind and juiced|
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2339 Calories from Fat 908
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 103 g158.3%
Saturated Fat 60.4 g302.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 792.6 mg
Sodium 486.1 mg20.3%
Total Carbohydrates 325 g108.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.3%
Sugars 155.3 g
Protein 33 g65.8%
Vitamin A 67.8% Vitamin C 74.4%
Calcium 41.1% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Prepare the rich shortcrust pastry and chill.
2) Line the flan ring with the pastry and bake blind.
3) In a bowl, add cornflour and little milk and mix well.
4) In a saucepan, heat the remaining milk and pour into the corflour mix.
5) Heat the mix and boil for 3-4 minutes, stirring continuously till smooth.
6) Mix in the sugar and allow to cool.
7) Whisk in the egg yolks and the grated lemon rind and juice.
8) Transfer the mix into the pastry case and place in oven at 325°For Mark 3 for about 10 minutes.
9) For the meringue, beat the egg whites till stiff.
10) Mix in 2 teaspoons of the sugar to help set the whites.
11) Fold in the rest of the sugar gently.
12) Do not over stir the mix or the egg whites will collapse.
13) Pile the meringue on the top to cover the filling completely and sprinkle with caster sugar.
14) Bake the meringue at 275°F or Mark 1 for 10-15 minutes.
15) The topping of the meringue should be like marshmallow, firm yet soft enough and with a crisp top.
16) Lightly dust with sugar before serving.