- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Marmalade Recipe
|Lemon||2 Cup (32 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Sugar||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3579 Calories from Fat 13
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.2%
Saturated Fat 0.19 g0.94%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 14.4 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 951 g317%
Dietary Fiber 22.6 g90.2%
Sugars 899.2 g
Protein 6 g11.5%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C 616%
Calcium 30.2% Iron 19.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large preserving kettle, put together lemon slices and water; cook rapidly for 20 minutes with occasional stirring until lemon is tender.
2. Drain and measure liquid; add enough water to make 6 cups.
3. Into a large pan, pour the liquid and add sugar; boil rapidly for 15-20 minutes with frequent stirring until jellying point.
4. Skim top.
5. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top.
6. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
7. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
8. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
9. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
10. Spread Lemon Marmalade over toast and serve.
If delicate flavour is desired, cook liquid in two batches.