- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Loaf Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated rind of lemon||1|
Calories 413 Calories from Fat 157
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.4%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 112.7 mg37.6%
Sodium 260.9 mg10.9%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.93 g3.7%
Sugars 34.6 g
Protein 6 g12.2%
Vitamin A 11.4% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350ºF (180°C).
2. Apply butter or margarine on a 9x5x3 inch (23 x 12 x 7 cm) loaf pan.
3. Using a hand blender, cream butter and sugar in mixing bowl. Add in eggs one at a time and whisk until smooth. Add in milk, blend well.
4. In a second bowl, thoroughly stir flour, baking powder, salt and lemon rind.
5. Transfer all at once to butter-egg mixture. Mix all together until just moistened.
6. Transfer into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.
7. Check the doneness with a toothpick. Cool for 10 minutes. Take away from pan to finish cooling on rack.
8. Make slices and serve. Or wrap and store.