- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Hot Salt Chicken Recipe Video
|For mild hot salt mix|
|Seasoning salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Smoked salt/Hickory salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Paprika||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chipotle chilli pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whole chicken||5 Pound, cut into large pieces|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Lime juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 384 Calories from Fat 260
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.6%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g51.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 129.5 mg
Sodium 301.5 mg12.6%
Total Carbohydrates 0.98 g0.33%
Dietary Fiber 0.39 g1.5%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 28 g56.8%
Vitamin A 14.2% Vitamin C 6.8%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. In a bowl, mix the hot salt spices together. Set aside.
3. Add lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of the hot salt to the melted butter and stir to combine.
4. Dip each piece of chicken in the butter mixture.
5. Place chicken on a roasting pan or grilling pan.
6. When all the chicken has been dipped in butter, sprinkle generously with more hot salt to cover it completely.
7. Add the extra butter if desired.
8. Bake for around 35 minutes or until juices run clear.
9. Turn on the broiler the last few minutes of cooking to crisp the skin more if desired.
10. Let chicken rest for 10 minutes when it comes out of the oven.
11. In a serving plate, serve the chicken hot or cold with any side dish of choice preferably a sweet one like grilled sweet corn.
It can be marinated in the fridge to maximize the flavors or throw it right into the oven.