- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Halibut Recipe
|Onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Defatted chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Romaine lettuce head||1 , cut into 1 inch squares|
|Lemons||2 , juiced|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Halibut fillets||24 Ounce (4 Pieces, 6 Ounce Each)|
|Snipped chives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Capers||1 Tablespoon, rinsed|
Calories 284 Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.3%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.4 mg
Sodium 351.7 mg14.7%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.4%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 40 g80.9%
Vitamin A 175.5% Vitamin C 79.1%
Calcium 21.2% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large no-stick frying pan over medium flame, sauté the onions in the oil until onions become transparent, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the stock into it and make it boiled.
3. Add lettuce and further cook for 2-3 minutes or until lettuce becomes wilting.
4. Stir in it lemon juice and pepper.
5. Now add the fish here cook for 5 minutes. Otherwise, if the touch seems firm, consider that cooking is done.
6. Drain the liquid carefully from the frying pan in a 2-quart saucepan.
7. Over high flame, the preparation is to be cooked until reduced by half, about 5 to 7 minutes.
8. In a cup, mix the water and cornstarch until it gets smooth.
9. Add to the saucepan and cook for a few minutes to thicken the sauce.
10. Stir in the chives and capers.
11. To serve, transfer portions of lettuce and fish to dinner plates.
12. Serve spoon on the sauce