- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Gnocchi with Peas & Kale Recipe Video
|Fat free half and half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), smashed|
|Peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Kale||1 Cup (16 tbs), steam|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (1 tablespoon salt for boiling water+ a pinch for sauce)|
|Lemon zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
Calories 107 Calories from Fat 17
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.9%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.2 mg1.4%
Sodium 2340.2 mg97.5%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.4%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 7 g13.8%
Vitamin A 57.6% Vitamin C 67.3%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In microwave, steam kale for about 4 minutes. Keep it aside.
2. Place a skillet on medium heat, and add half and half, garlic, peas, and kale in it.
3. Sprinkle salt, turn down heat to simmer, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Turn off heat, and stir in lemon juice and lemon zest.
5. In boiling water, add salt, and then insert gnocchi.
6. When gnocchi starts to float, ladle them out and throw them into the pasta sauce. Mix well.
7. Sprinkle parmesan on top.
8. Serve gnocchi hot with lemon wedge garnish.