- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Freeze Recipe
|Corn flakes||2 Ounce, crushed|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Sweetened condensed milk||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Lemon juice||4 Tablespoon|
|Castor sugar||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 295 Calories from Fat 85
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.8%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.7 mg
Sodium 152.9 mg6.4%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.26 g1%
Sugars 39.2 g
Protein 6 g12.7%
Vitamin A 9.9% Vitamin C 13%
Calcium 14.5% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, add in the crushed cornflakes, castor sugar and butter. Mix well.
2) Take a 3 3/4 cup freezing tray or a shallow, rigid container. Keeping aside 1/4 cup of the cornflakes mixture, press the rest into the base of the tray.
3) To make the filling, in a bowl beat the egg yolks till it becomes thick and creamy. Add in the condensed milk and lemon juice. Stir to get a thick consistency.
4) In a bowl, beat the egg whites stiff. Slowly add in the sugar while beating the mixture. Fold it gently into the lemon mixture.
5) Pour the mixture over the cornflakes base. Sprinkle the reserved cornflakes over the top.
6) Cover the mixture with foil. Seal, label and place in the refrigerator.
7) Before serving, thaw the Lemon Freeze by placing in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
8) Slice into even bars and serve chilled.