- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Curd Or Cheese Recipe
|Unsalted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 254 Calories from Fat 132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.9%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g41.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 182.2 mg
Sodium 38.8 mg1.6%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.32 g1.3%
Sugars 26 g
Protein 4 g8%
Vitamin A 10.7% Vitamin C 27.4%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Beat the eggs and egg yolk together until light and fluffy.
2) Add the lemon rind and lemon juice into the butter and melt.
3) Strain the butter into a double boiler, then stir in sugar and place over heated water.
4) Gradually, stir in the beaten eggs and cook, over the simmering water, until the mixture is creamy and thick.
5) Allow to cool and pour into a jar, cover and refrigerate.
6) Serve in a nice plate with the freshly baked scones.