- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Layer Cake Recipe Video
|All-purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|For the layers|
|Lemon filling||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lemon frosting||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Calories 413 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.8%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68.2 mg22.7%
Sodium 326.9 mg13.6%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.67 g2.7%
Sugars 44.5 g
Protein 4 g8.3%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 14.2% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease and flour two 8 inch baking pans.
3. In a bowl, add and combine the dry ingredients of flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well and set aside.
4. In an electric mixing bowl, cream the butter. Add sugar and beat until well combined.
5. Add the eggs one at a time and beat. Add vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
6. While beating the batter, stir in 1/3 cup of flour with 1/2 cup of milk, another 1/3 cup of flour with the remaining milk and add the last cup of flour. Mix until well combined.
7. Stir in the lemon rind and continue beating.
8. Take the greased baking pans and spread the cake batter evenly into the pan and bake them in the preheated oven for 30 - 35 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
9. Once done, remove the cake pans to cool the cakes completely before adding lemon filling and applying the frosting and stacking them together.
10. Serve the lemon cake in desired pieces of slices.