- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Real Texas Lemon Coffee Cake Part 3 of 3 Recipe Video
|Salted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon yogurt||200 Gram|
|Lemon peel||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Cooking spray||2 Dash|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 284 Calories from Fat 171
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.6%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g35.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 67 mg
Sodium 402.5 mg16.8%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 22.9 g
Protein 4 g8.7%
Vitamin A 6.9% Vitamin C 4.3%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 3.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a casserole pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
3. In a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar.
4. Add in the egg one at a time and mix well.
5. Stir in the lemon yogurt, followed by lemon peel and mix well.
6. Add in the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Beat until smooth.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and cover with saran wrap. Refrigerate for 8 – 16 hours.
8. For Topping – in a bowl, mix together brown sugar, pecans and ground nutmeg. Set aside.
9. Take out the batter pan from the fridge and top with pecan mixture.
10. Bake in oven for 45 minutes.
11. Slice the cake and serve with coffee.