- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Chicken Recipe
|Salad oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Boneless chicken breasts||1 1⁄2 Pound, skinned and sliced into � inch thick strips|
|Warm water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried chinese mushrooms/Shitake mushrooms||6 Medium|
|Red bell pepper||1 Large, cut into juliennes|
|Green onions||6 , diagonally cut into � inch slices|
|Freshly grated ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 288 Calories from Fat 130
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.6%
Saturated Fat 1 g5%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 65.8 mg
Sodium 801.8 mg33.4%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.2%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 28 g55.3%
Vitamin A 23.4% Vitamin C 90%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine warm water and mushrooms. Allow to soak for 30 minutes.
2. Once soaked, drain and remove stem. Cut mushroom caps into 1/8 inch thick slices. Keep aside.
3. In another medium sized bowl, combine the marinade and chicken. Mix well and keep aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
4. Using a paring knife, peel whole lemons.
5. Remove lemon juice from peeled lemons and keep aside.
6. Cut lemon peel into 1/8 inch thick strips and keep aside.
7. In a medium sized bowl, combine freshly squeezed lemon juice with sherry, soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch and chicken broth. Mix well till well combined and keep aside.
8. In a heavy bottomed skillet or Chinese wok, add oil.
9. Add marinated chicken strips and sautÃ© on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
10. Remove chicken on to a plate and place same skillet back on flame.
11. Add ginger, sliced mushrooms, bell pepper juliennes and sautÃ© on a medium flame for a minute.
12. Add strips of lemon peel and onions and sautÃ© for 1 more minute.
13. Add cornstarch- chicken broth mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame, while stirring continuously, till the mixture thickens.
14. Add sautÃ©ed chicken and mix well.
15. Cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute or till chicken and vegetables are evenly coated with thickened sauce.
16. Serve immediately with rice and soy sauce as an accompaniment.