- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Cheese Whip Recipe
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cottage cheese||2 2⁄3 Cup (42.67 tbs)|
|Artificial sweetener||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Evaporated skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Strawberries||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
Calories 187 Calories from Fat 34
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.9%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.9 mg7.3%
Sodium 551 mg23%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.2%
Sugars 12.4 g
Protein 24 g47.3%
Vitamin A 4.6% Vitamin C 51.4%
Calcium 23.9% Iron 2.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, soak gelatine in cold water until soft.
2) Heat the gelatine mixture gently until incorporated.
3) In a bender, mix together cottage cheese, sweetener, juice, rind and milk.
4) Process for 4 minutes or until very fine.
5) Stir in the gelatine mixture in the cheese mixture.
6) Process at full speed until mixed properly.
7) Fill the gelatine mixture into non-stick moulds.
8) Place the moulds in refrigerator for 2 hours or until chilled and firm.
9) Remove the mixture from the mould on the serving plate.
10) Garnish with strawberry slices around the edges.
To remove the mixture from the mould, lightly heat the sides of the mould from outside or rub the outside with your hands.