- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Cheese Cake Recipe
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||40 Ounce|
|Sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Grated orange rind||2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 593 Calories from Fat 358
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g62.7%
Saturated Fat 22.7 g113.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 234.1 mg
Sodium 370.6 mg15.4%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.5%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.2%
Sugars 36.7 g
Protein 10 g19.8%
Vitamin A 30.6% Vitamin C 13.8%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2) To prepare the crust, in a bowl, combine flour and sugar.
3) Gradually add the remaining ingredients.
4) Mix well and chill thoroughly.
5) On the bottom and sides of a spring form pan, put the crust mix.
6) Bake in the oven for 8 minutes. Keep aside.
7) Now, to prepare the filing, beat cheese until soft and fluffy.
8) In a small bowl, mix sugar, flour and salt.
9) Into the beaten cheese, gradually blend the sugar mix, till smooth.
10) Now, add grated lemon rind and orange rind.
11) Gradually add eggs and egg yolks, slowly.
12) To this mix, stir in 1/4 cup of cream.
13) Into the baked crust, turn this mixture.
14) Increase the oven heat to 475 degrees and bake for 15 minutes.
15) Now, reduce the heat to 200 degrees and bake for 1 hour more.
16) Turn the heat off and let the cake stand in the oven for 15 minutes. Let it cool slowly.
17) Slice and serve with whipped cream.