- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Caraway Cookies Recipe
|Unbleached flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Caraway seeds||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 1396 Calories from Fat 496
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g86.4%
Saturated Fat 13.8 g69.2%
Trans Fat 6.7 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg35.2%
Sodium 867.7 mg36.2%
Total Carbohydrates 208 g69.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.2%
Sugars 100.9 g
Protein 19 g37.3%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 14.1%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 44.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl beat egg, add sugar, lemon juice and beat until sugar is dissolved.
2. Add shortening and caraway seeds to the egg mix and thoroughly cream together.
3. Now, in another bowl mix, flour, baking soda and salt, and add to the egg mixture and mix well to make dough.
4. Roll the dough with 2 ½ inch diameter, wrap in a waxed paper and chill for a couple of hours in the refrigerator.
5. Slice the chilled dough, with a sharp knife thinly.
6. Onto a greased baking sheet, place the thinly sliced dough rounds.
7. In a preheated oven, bake the cookies at 200 degrees centigrade for about 10 to 15 minutes until thoroughly cooked.
8. Allow it to cool on a wire rack.
9. Serve at room temperature.