- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Butter Glazed Lamb Roast Recipe
|Lamb roast||5 Pound, boned|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Ground oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 1174 Calories from Fat 788
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 88 g134.7%
Saturated Fat 39.2 g195.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 371.7 mg
Sodium 290.6 mg12.1%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g0.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.51 g2.1%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 88 g176.8%
Vitamin A 5.9% Vitamin C 12.4%
Calcium 9% Iron 48.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Season all sides of lamb with pepper and oregano.
2. Cut 1 garlic clove and rub over roast.
3. Crush remaining garlic cloves.
4. In a 1-cup measure, melt butter on High for 40 seconds.
5. Stir in lemon juice, soy sauce and remaining garlic.
6. On metal rack in 7-1/2" x 12" utility dish, place the lamb roast with skin side down.
7. Pour half of the soy sauce and lime juice glaze over the roast.
8. Cook on Medium for 12 minutes.
9. Turn dish.
10. Cook for another 12 minutes.
11. Turn over the roast.
12. Cover small pieces of ends with foil to prevent over cooking.
13. Pour remaining glaze over the roast.
14. Cook on Medium for a final 12 minutes.
15. Turn the dish.
16. Cook for 14 minutes more.
17. Brown for 4-5 minutes.
18. Remove from oven.
19. Wrap with foil and let it sit for 20 minutes.
20. Serve hot.