- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Brined Pork Roast with Gravy Recipe Video
|Boneless pork sirloin||5 Pound (One Piece)|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Fresh oregano||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Kosher salt||5 Tablespoon (Soaked in brine and brine discarded)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||6 Medium, crushed|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pork roast||34 1⁄2 Gram (One Pack Of 1.2 Ounce)|
|Juice of lemon||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5020 Calories from Fat 1855
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 204 g314.3%
Saturated Fat 55.7 g278.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1475.8 mg
Sodium 1424.1 mg59.3%
Total Carbohydrates 280 g93.2%
Dietary Fiber 35.4 g141.6%
Sugars 60.5 g
Protein 500 g1000.8%
Vitamin A 832.2% Vitamin C 500.2%
Calcium 64.7% Iron 170.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degree F.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, stirring constantly until salt is dissolved.
3. Brine the roast for 24 hours.
4. Rinse well, dry completely with paper towels, brush with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with dried oregano, garlic powder and black pepper.
5. Roast pork in a shallow roasting pan at 325 for one hour.
6. Meanwhile, peel and half the carrots, and thinly slice the onion and set aside.
7. Peel and quarter potatoes; cook in boiling water for about 10 minutes.
8. Drain, let cool.
9. Remove pork loin from oven and remove from roaster.
10. Place potatoes, carrots, and onion in the roaster and toss with pan juices.
11. Replace pork roast and place the vegetables all around.
12. Roast an additional 45 to 60 minutes, or until pork registers 165° on a thermometer.
13. Cover roast pork loin with foil and let stand for about 15 minutes before slicing.
14. Make gravy according to package directions.
15. Add lemon juice, oregano, and the pan juices from the pork.
16. Pour over the roast after you have sliced it and serve.