- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Bread Recipe
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Whole milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 621 Calories from Fat 235
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.1%
Saturated Fat 15.8 g79.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 169 mg56.3%
Sodium 213.2 mg8.9%
Total Carbohydrates 88 g29.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 51.9 g
Protein 9 g18.4%
Vitamin A 17.1% Vitamin C 8.1%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 15.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Combine the butter and sugar into a smooth mixture.
3) Add eggs and beat well until light, creamy and fluffy, almost like whipped cream.
4) Add the grated rind of lemon.
5) Add alternately with the milk, mixture of flour, baking powder and salt.
6) Beat well till light and fluffy.
7) in a 12 x 4" loaf pan bake for about a hour at 350°F
8) In a saucepan, slightly warm a mixture of 1/3-cup sugar and 3 tablespoons of lemon juice.
9) Pour over the loaf after removing it from oven.
10) Serve hot and crispy with the lemon and sugar syrup mixture.