- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Blueberry Muffins Recipe
|Non stick vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Unsifted all purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Reduced-calorie margarine||3 Tablespoon|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Plain non-fat yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen unsweetened blueberries||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Dry Pack, Do Not Thaw)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1346 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g26.9%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 223.2 mg
Sodium 2756.6 mg114.9%
Total Carbohydrates 248 g82.7%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.9%
Sugars 89.7 g
Protein 51 g101.1%
Vitamin A 7.8% Vitamin C 27.4%
Calcium 76% Iron 60.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 400° F.
2) Spray non-stick vegetable cooking spray in the muffin cups (2 1/2-inches in diameter).
3) Take a sheet of wax paper and sift together baking powder, flour, baking soda and salt on it.
4) Beat brown sugar with margarine until the mixture turns fluffy and light. Add egg and mix until well blended.
5) Stir in lemon juice, yogurt and 1 teaspoon lemon rind. Also, add all the dry ingredients until the mixture is a little moist.
6) Add frozen blueberries and blend well.
7) Spoon out batter into the prepared cups and fill each to two-third capacity. Sprinkle granulated sugar and remaining lemon rind.
8) Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until a tester inserted at the center comes out clean. Remove the muffins from cps and cool on wire rack.
9) Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.