- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Blossom Snowballs Recipe
|Shortening/Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Egg||1 , unbeaten|
|Flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2743 Calories from Fat 1326
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 148 g227.6%
Saturated Fat 33.9 g169.4%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 1019.5 mg42.5%
Total Carbohydrates 320 g106.5%
Dietary Fiber 12.3 g49%
Sugars 138.2 g
Protein 45 g89.1%
Vitamin A 5.2% Vitamin C 56%
Calcium 18% Iron 62.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl, cream shortening, sugar and lemon rind until light and fluffy.
3. Further, add egg to the creamed mixture.
4. Beat the mixture until smooth.
5. In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking soda and cream of tartar together.
6. Add the sifted mixture to the creamed mixture alternately with lemon juice and water.
7. Then, add chopped nuts and stir well.
8. Allow the dough to chill.
9. With floured hands, form small balls ou of the dough.
10. Place these balls 1 inch apart on an un-greased baking sheet.
11. Bake the batter for about 8-10 minutes.
12. Remove the cookie from the aheet and roll immediately in confectioners sugar.
13. Cut into squares and serve at once.