- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemon Barbecued Turkey Recipe
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Half turkey||8 Pound (Thawed)|
|Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6151 Calories from Fat 2820
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 313 g482.1%
Saturated Fat 84 g419.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2612.6 mg
Sodium 3263.1 mg136%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 36.4 g
Protein 743 g1486.3%
Vitamin A 58% Vitamin C 102%
Calcium 59.1% Iron 269.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) At least 2 hours before barbeque time, blend together all the ingredients, except for the margarine and turkey.
2) In a large, heavy-duty plastic bag, place the turkey.
3) Over the turkey, pour the marinade and seal the bag so as to retain the marinade.
4) In a shallow pan, place the bag and refrigerate for about 2 to 8 hours, turning occasionally. The longer the marinade time, the more intense the flavor will be.
5) Remove the turkey from the marinade and drain it.
6) Melt the margarine and add it to the remaining marinade.
7) In a covered barbeque, grill the turkey or roast it in a 325 degrees oven, brushing with the marinade frequently till the meat thermometer hits a temperature of 180 to 85 degrees (roast for about 22 minutes per pound).
8) Place the cooked turkey on a decorative serving platter and serve while it is still piping hot. Makes a delectable and healthy main course dish.